WoRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wandering the Wide world

3 posters

WoRP :: Games :: D&D 3.5

Go down

Wandering the Wide world Empty Wandering the Wide world

Post  DM Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:18 am

There you are, camped at the usual spot. (This game is open to all who have expressed interest and have been posting regularly. the other game wont be closed so feel free to copy your sheets for this one. if someone else wants to play god let me know and i'll fill you in on the world.)

DM
Admin

https://worp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Wandering the Wide world Empty a better intro

Post  DM Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:14 am

(yeah i owe you all a better intro than that. but first some basics on this game, we dont stop, god posts once a week on saturdays. if you havent posted by then we move on without you. new charas still need the 4k intro post and regular posts 500-1k min. ok here goes nothing)

The forest glade that had become the normal meeting spot for adventurers out in the massive forest that covered this portion of the world, was an excellent spot for such random gatherings, a small babbling brook ran across one side full of goodly sized trout. One of the many people that had been here before, had dug a fire pit. about two feet across and one deep, another helpful adventurer had lined it with stones and walled the top ring so as to amplify the heat from it. It had become common practice to leave a fire laid in the pit and some more dry wood off to the side under a stone overhang. The over hang seemed to be just about perfect for two people to stand or lay comfortably under during a rain storm. The local elves frequently patrolled the area to keep the nasty stuff down and to make sure that nobody over hunts or fish the area.

(ok thats better. so yeah, go everyone, you have a week from saturday to get in on it)

DM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wandering the Wide world Empty Re: Wandering the Wide world

Post  Phoenix Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:36 am

Brin stumbles into the clearing, these, woods, on the surface still got him turned around. atleast he found his way to the clearing, the paths into the area where fairly well trod and clear of debris. his eyes sweeping around and seeing he was the only one here for the moment he makes his way to the fire pit, a flick of his mind and the fire kindles into a cheery little blaze. he pulls out the rods for his camp spit, getting things setup before he set in for some serious fishing. one of the few surface skills that the elan psion had truly taken a passion to, the joy of just sitting there and waiting patiently for his dinner to come take a nibble on his hook. patience and skill was all that this otherwise random effort, 'I mean seriously, who would have thought up this idea? dangle a hook in to the water with a tiny bit of bait and let the fish come to you' the overly loud though gets picked up by his psicrystal. the animated gem looks up at him 'an overly bored and lazy being' it says succinctly before it skitters over to the edge of the water on it's ectoplasmic legs with him. sitting down, he pulls out the two piece fishing pole and begins setting in for the wait. eventually people will be showing up at this great camp site. the crystal just shakes its "head" 'silly people.'

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Wandering the Wide world Empty Damien

Post  Damien Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:28 pm

Damien was sitting under a tree at the edge of the clearing when the flame burst into life to reveal a silhouette. He chewed the piece of grass sticking out of his teeth and thought for a moment, assessing the situation. This guy was magical, and he appeared to be talking to himself. Maybe sticking around wasnt the best idea. But... He got up and walked to the fire, taking a small throwing knife with a string on the end and lobbing it into the water as he walked over, (I dont know if I should do a luck roll to see if I just skewer a fish just like that or something, but I will if I need to.) and waved. "Hello there, didnt think I'd meet anyone out here tonight, mind if I join you?"
Damien
Damien

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:42 pm

he blinks and looks up from his fishing, appearing almost startled "dont mind if you do, but i think you would get more fish with a pole and bait than just random chucking of a knife." he shrugs and the psycrystal skitters over to brin and up onto his shoulder "a pleasure to meet you, i'm enabrin tain, brin for short. and this is, well my companion" the crystal just kinda looks at him before skittering down and into the sheath at his hip. brin continues to sit and wait for a bite, patience is one of his strong suits. "why dont you go hunt for some greens or something to go with the fish that i'm going to catch"

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Damien Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:05 pm

"Good idea." Damien smiled as he bowed to the man and his strange little partner. "I am Damien Talborn, the halfling. But Damien is good. It's nice to meet you Brin." (Luck roll epic fail) He pulls in the knife and sighs as he pockets it again. "I'll go see if I can find any wood to keep the fire going too." He turned and walked into the forest, his left hand on his shortsword hilt as he looked around, slowly weeding through the darkness and using all his senses to find edible vegetables and other plants. Also picking up twigs for the fire.
Damien
Damien

Back to top Go down

Wandering the Wide world Empty And the world moves on

Post  DM Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:25 pm

(ok people, it's saturday, and yes. longer than i intended but life happened. anyway, brin damien take off. the world is yours to play in)

they had been sitting there for several hours, the light slowly growing then dimming as the day passed. several large trout just seem to jump readily onto brin's hook, a short distance into the forest damien would find what appeared to be a very well constructed wood shed. the open sides reveal several cords of dry wood, even the roof looked to be well maintained. this was a wonderfully well maintained camp site, posted on one of the corner poles has a sign on it. in the common language it read "He who chops wood for others is twice warmed." your foraging in the woods would amount to a rather plentiful gathering of salad greens that would be obvious even to the most untrained of peoples.

(ok bit of geography to you guys, to the north is more forest, miles and miles of it. all the way to the sea, in the rough center of the peninsula's tip there is a giant mountain. on all maps it is listed as a forbidden area, it was one of the gathering places of the centari, of course so are most major land features. even this great forest was once the realm of one of the centari, their capital city was still defended by the ancient spells to attack all invaders. to the south is the human realm, the barony you came from is just one of many across the plains. this particular region as flat land is just mostly a boarder between the great forest and the hills to the south and east, known as the ripples these hills have caves. well some of them do, in these caves their are tunnels, these tunnels can take you large distances across the world. as far as anyone knows, how far you will travel is fairly random. and they are highly dangerous, you can run into anyone and anything as you wander the tunnels. no known maps exist, but merchants might know something as a few of the more adventurous ones use them as transit between places for cargo. the ripples run from the great forest all the way to the marshes of sith-tor. about 5000 leagues to the south.)

DM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

WoRP :: Games :: D&D 3.5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum